Saturday, September 22, 2007

through the eyes of a child



When wanting to play outside on her own, Ireland began creating what she called her special projects.

I believe this one is reminiscent of the Pillsbury Dough Boy but she calls it, "No Kiss" .

Don't ask....I have no idea.

But I love that she not only used her chalk but she sought out other mediums. She included one of her Easter eggs, bark, fake fall leaves, and green leaves from one of the plants in our yard.

She may drive me crazy with her ability to climb walls and terrorize a room in under minutes, but my little artist sees the world in a way I could only hope to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to think the gets it from me??? I wish... That's one reason I love being in an art class with younger children. Their perceptions are so vivid and abstract while we see everything for face value. I'm proud of little Picasso er Ireland.
(ashley)