Thursday, September 6, 2007

overload

Often times I believe I live completely in my head. With all the strange thoughts, crazy dreams, and overly analytical thinking I do it's a wonder I get anything else done. Truly, I believe I'm strange!

Each night of sleep I find myself in one of a series of reoccurring dreams all of which I'm sure Freud would have a field day with. During the day I will be working with the girls on their alphabet or numbers and I become distracted by strange thoughts. For example, today while working on the letter N, I found myself wondering if it really is possible for us to live in Ireland. I began to devise a plan that would allow us this opportunity.

Since then I have also thought about how I despise the phrase, "you can't have your cake and eat it too" because let's be honest...who wants to have cake and not be able to eat it. It's a very silly phrase, one I believe we should all stop using. Unless, the next time you find yourself with cake you simply choose not to eat it, and rather just stare at it. If you are able to do that then by all means please continue use of the phrase.

Also, I find myself spending way too much time envisioning what my relationship with my children will be like when they are teenagers or adults. Daydreams if you will....will they each call me frequently, will they seek my advice when faced with a difficult decision, will they go off to college, will they be party animals, will they stop talking to me, will they shut me out of their lives, will they always know how much I love them? It's non-stop.

How do you shut off your brain? Is it possible to actually sit and think of nothing? Meditation...is that what thinking of nothing is like? Although aren't you suppose to picture calmness or something like that? Maybe it truly isn't possible for me to think of nothing, granted if I was thinking of nothing than I would still be thinking so still no break. There has to be an off switch on this sucker!

Anyone have directions you could lend me?

1 comment:

Cameron said...

yeah..i cant help you with that because know that i have a little one i often find myself worrying about how each generation has made the world worse for the next generation...as far as you know the ozone, violence, inflation...because we have a role in these things and I worry what if my child doesnt have a world to grow up in..then i dont want to leave the house...so once again i have no advice just thought i would share that i tend to think of things that i know i cant personally fix...at least not a huge fix...i do recycle :)