Wednesday, September 12, 2007

bring on the oatmeal

Wee one hates rice. I thought that stuff didn't really have a taste but wow, he hates it. I pushed and pushed it on him trying every single way I could to shove it down his throat. I knew that if he would just eat some he wouldn't spit up as much (which isn't all that much anyway but way more than the girls). I tried putting in other food, I tried pumping and just adding it to the breast milk in a bottle, I tried just adding a little breast milk and feeding him from a spoon...finally I have given up. NO MORE RICE!

Ok wee one.....I get it!

So today we switched to oatmeal and he loved it. Ate all that I had made for him. Hopefully he won't end up with a tummy ache but so far so good. Not only does he love oatmeal it seems but he is really liking sweet potatoes.

So we are entering the world of food and I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad about this. Breastfeeding has/is going really well so I'm worried he will try and quit with the desire for tastier things. But more than that....my baby is growing up and I really don't like that right now. I'm enjoying him so much, I enjoy every moment....even when I don't appear to enjoy getting up for the occasional 12:30 scream (well more like a sad moan).

It's kind of bittersweet but so are most things with children.

No comments: