Wednesday, December 5, 2007

insanity takes many forms...including Julia Roberts

I'd like to take a sick day today. This head cold has left me with no energy, a massive sinus headache, and seriously wishing for more sleep and the ability to breathe.
But, as any mother knows....sick days do not exist in this field. Sick or not you must pull your bum out of the bed and tend to the children. You must feed them...clean up after them....and attempt to keep them from burning down the house. Oh, your kids don't attempt to burn down the house...must just be my kids.
Anyway, I'd like to call in sick today but my bosses who climbed in the bed with me last night and this morning are refusing to give me the day off. They keep demanding food and the right to venture outside to ride their bikes. They don't seem to care that I am not well. They don't even seem to notice.
I thought of going over their head.....you know take the matter to their bosses but so far my phone calls aren't being answered, my emails unreturned, my pleads falling upon deaf ears.
So, I'm pleading to my head cold....please leave, right now. I can't seem to think straight with you occupying my noggin and there is too much work to be done so please...pretty please...give me a break. Come back in say 15 years when they can at least get their own food and care for themselves without my necessary supervision.
Maybe the answer is to go on strike...mothers around the world unite! Better pay, better health care, better hours. Yeah, I'm sure that is the answer...it's bound to solve all my problems.
I'm officially on strike! How do you think the bosses will take that? Your right....they will be as demanding as ever. Still a nice thought though....goes right along with the dream I had of rescuing Julia Roberts from her cocaine using parents last night.
Yeah I know, insane dreams for an insane lady...

No comments: