Thursday, October 25, 2007

under contract...and counting

That's right folks. After a very long and trying 7 days on the market our house is officially under contract. It seems that if everything falls into place our home will no longer be ours by December. Hard to believe.....it's just really hard to believe.

I find myself looking around my home taking in each sight, every smell, and reminiscing in those moments long gone. I find myself wondering what life is going to be like 2 months from now or even 2 weeks from now.

With each transition in my life I've always had a destination and a place to call home but with this massive change we are unsettled. Renting the remainder of our stay in NC and complete unknown awaiting in WV. Sure there is family who offered us stay but no place to call ours for many months to come. Our belongings hidden in storage, our pictures packed away from the sunlight, our lives in constant transition.

I am happy that things with the house are moving along and we won't be facing taking care of a property almost 7 hours away. I'm happy that it seems our home will become home to another family with 3 children, the halls still filled with laughter, and the yard still full of toys.

I'm happy that this family seems excited at the prospect of living here, excited about creating a home for their family...I'm just sad that that means we will be leaving this portion of our lives behind.

NC has been home, it has introduced me to some amazing women who have changed my life. It was the place that allowed me to finish college and finally get that degree, it was the place that welcomed my children, it was in so many ways my heart.

So for the next several posts I'm going to be looking back at our stay here and what has made it so special....those special moments and those amazing people who have allowed us to truly feel at home here.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Wow - 7 days - I'm jealous. Ours has been on for 2 weeks and in this area it's taking 2-3 months. Although I love having a super clean house the time/effort and the people coming by on the weekend to see it is umm, well, I'm pretty much over it.