Monday, August 27, 2007

No Welcome Back Party for You

Today I feel rather blah. Maybe it's because it's Monday, maybe it's because it's overcast outside, maybe it's because of some other reason I'm yet to think of.

I know... I bet it is this giant menstrual cycle giving me giant cramps, killer back ache and an attitude that is ready to bite some one's head off. Yep, I bet that's it.

Welcome back period...you weren't missed!

I thought one of the perks of breastfeeding was not having to deal with this less than desirable companion....guess I was wrong. Since it has been over a year since I've had to deal with this monster I was somewhat unprepared for it rearing it's ugly head. Suddenly I'm transported back to when i first received this "gift" and asked my mother for a hysterectomy so I wouldn't have to deal with it's pains. I feel that way now.

I've always had trouble with my periods. For at least 2 years before I actually started having one I had terrible cramps to the point of being balled up in the floor in pain so once this wonder started it's side effects where just as enjoyable.

Given my distaste for them it should come as no surprise I enjoyed being pregnant simply because this pest was history....a history that I'm unhappy to be dealing with again.

I'm not ready for another child but I'd love to be pregnant about now. Ah, the days of not having to deal with the dreaded monster...they are sadly missed.

Welcome back to my life you terrible horrible dreaded monster....now leave.

No comments: