Saturday, August 25, 2007

Bottomless Pit

My girls are eating machines. All day long I hear, "mommy I'm hungry" and "but mommy I'm so hungry" on endless rotation.

One would think with all this hunger that either my children are never fed or they weigh more than they should. Rest assured, neither is true. They are skinny children, rather tall, and well fed. So why this hunger all the time????

Maybe this will help....allow me to paint a picture if I may.

Ireland began rolling over both ways around 4 months. At this time she would roll until she hit something to which she would then cry until she could get away and roll until she hit something else. It was like a circus act. Erin followed just a couple months later.

Then Ireland began walking at 10 months followed very shortly by Erin. They didn't walk long....it seems my energetic children preferred to run. This running endures today. Walk...heck no that's for wimps.

Going to get a toy from another room...run. Going to the bathroom...run. Going grocery shopping with mom...run. Going to check the mail....run. Going to eat...run. Going to walk on the beach...run. Run, run, run, run, run.

When they aren't running around they still manage to find it impossible to sit still. Out to dinner...must run to bathroom 500 times. Watching movie....must do flips in the floor to entertain movie watchers.

It often seems like my life is stuck on fast forward. So with all this running around and inability to sit still I'm guessing the calorie burning these kids are doing is out of this world. However, I'm trying to do my kids a favor and not feed them each and every time they ask for food because there will come a day when that metabolism isn't on Speedy Gonzales mode.

Until then, snacks (both healthy and not) will attempt to fill the void until the next meal...with momma continuously pulling on the reins to keep them from eating each and every time those dreaded words are sounded...."momma I'm hungry".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's cute! I think they tend to burn off all the calories in a meal b y the end of the meal. I know Brady cannot sit still, not even to eat! No wonder these kids are always hungry, they never seem to stop!