Tuesday, April 15, 2008

all in a day's work



Today was a pretty good day. If you forget the fact that I spent most of the day struggling to
breathe...thank you God for snow in April. Other than my sinuses on a rampage today was a step in the right direction for children and myself.

The day started with me preparing the girls for their first day of preschool here in WV. They were so excited they could barely stand it...and I too.

Off to school my little girls went without even a second glance my way. They were excited about learning. "Mommy I'll learn my alflabet", cheered Ireland. "And I'll show the teacher I can write my name." Erin squealed.

Within less than one minute I had officially dropped the girls off into another care and neither they nor I looked back. It was special...it was the way I had hoped.

Upon retrieving my little girls we spend a few hours playing and cleaning then off to our second day of soccer.

The first was...well...trying to say the least. There were tears shed and cries for daddy so I was unsure of what the evening would bring.

Luckily, no tears...instead laughter and questions on how to better play. Erin pelted the coach with questions, inquisitive about if she was preforming what he was teaching. Erin, currently is in love with learning. School...loves it. Soccer....loves it. She is just simply caught up in learning...which she and I are both eating up.

Ireland while excited about both school and soccer decided to spend some much needed time singing and dancing with a new found friend in the goal...instead of playing soccer for several minutes.

While I must point out I took great pride in the fact that I didn't fuss at her or plead with her to return playing...instead I smiled and laughed because in that moment she was the happiest I have seen her in a while. She was so beautiful in that moment.

With all this being said...maybe, just maybe there is hope for my children and I yet. Maybe we can survive each other and become better people because of one another. Maybe all we need is a little more structure and schedule to help us see that it's okay to smile and have fun if daddy can't be around just yet. I believe that the best is yet to come...and I'm overjoyed by the possibility.

No comments: