Tuesday, November 13, 2007

sleeping in someone else's bed

Tonight is my first night without my home. Yes, techniquely it's still our home but it isn't. With almost all of our belongings in boxes, the other scattered throughout needing packed or moved to our current residence. Our home has become a reminder that our lives are changing big time and there isn't a single thing we can do about it.

I don't know if there is anything I want to do about it but after 4 trips between homes lugging those items which are needed regardless of where I find myself...I'm not happy that I still must pack a moving truck Thursday then unload it all again Friday evening. I'm already at my limit for lugging and schlepping.

As wonderful as this adventure will be (must stay positive or the evil leprechaun under the bed will attack) it saddens me to think of the moment the girls realize that they can't go back home, when they realize that their home is no more. I can just see the tears and hear the screams and it breaks my heart.

God, grant me just a few more days of peace before this reality sets in for my sweet babies. They deserve that.

So, now I'm just hoping that I can get some sleep which has been much missed lately.

No comments: