Wednesday, December 10, 2008

where's an elf when you need one?

Christmas is a mere two weeks away. With this in mind my husband and I decided to pull down "Santa's gifts" and put them together. Since we ordered them online we had both bikes to put together.

Erin's went together pretty smoothly...meaning that after 45 min. we had attached everything minus all the stinking Barbie accessories. How many accessories does a kids bike need anyway??

Then, on to Ireland's. Pause for a frustrating scream. Over 1.5 hours later we still can't get the front wheel to attach. Suddenly, Sean looks strangely at the front of the wheel base and says..."I think it's bent" .

I look and of course, the whole frame is bent a good 2 to 3 inches making it impossible to not only get the bike together but for a child to ride if you did manage to attach the wheel. So here I am with a Tinkerbell bike that is impossible to ride and knowing I have to find one within two weeks. Maybe I could give her a bag of saw dust and tell her it's pixie dust??

So of course being 5 months pregnant I immediately went into tears. Between sobs I proclaim this is the only thing she asked for from Santa and this is all Santa is bringing (you know economy stinks thus Santa is having to cut back because who knows if he will have a job or if his company will suddenly cut pay) and how in the world are we going to ship this one back and have another shipped out in time for Christmas.

Another 30 minutes of full on tears and total dread the husband attempts to calm me down and instructs me to contact the manufacturer as well as ToysRus and see what our options are going to be.

Yet another 2 hours pass and I'm on the phone only to find out that if I want this bike I have to track it down in a store and drive to exchange it. Which usually wouldn't be such a bad thing...except I live in the middle of no where and the nearest ToysRus is 2 hours away.

So now tomorrow, I get to throw myself, my son, and a half together bike in the car to drive the 2 hours in hope that they still have one in stock. You know, since they won't "hold" one for me even though I'm driving for what will seem like forever just to exchange the one I do possess.

Also, it takes 24 hours to have them put together the bike...unless I am willing to pay $10 extra and take the floor model. So here is hoping the floor model is in good condition because I'll be damned if I have to bring another one home and attempt to put that crap together.

Granted, I know I'm being a complete baby about the thing and making a mountain out of a mole hill as they say. It's just I'm pregnant and emotionally unstable from all these hormones... so everything is dramatic. Where's the Prozac when you need it??? Guess I'll just have to pretend these wonderful kicks to my already weak bladder are the cure.

Here's a toast to all of Santa's "helpers"...hope your tinkering goes better than ours.

No comments: