Wednesday, May 21, 2008

working through the kinks

The last few days have been rather sluggish. Partly because I've been rather moody and slightly overwhelmed. But hey...I'm a mother, it comes with the territory. At least for me it seems.

Anyway, today after dropping the girls off at preschool I spent some time in the kitchen. Yes, I know...not a place I'm known to be spending my time, but non the less there I was. The great thing is that I wasn't in my own kitchen...I was at my aunt's.

We made rhubarb pies and rhubarb preserves. Many people may look at rhubarb and wonder why someone would each such a thing. Let me tell you that if you love sweet and sour....you are truly missing out if you aren't eating this stuff.

Not only was the food we were preparing good but it was nice to spend some calm time with someone I love so dearly.

It was a reconnect if you will. Sometimes the things we need are the simple things. And, sometimes we just need to make time for them!

With my calm start to the day I felt more energized to head home and hit the workout. One hour of cardio today...I'm feeling great and that half marathon might actually become a reality. I'm not giving in or up yet....there are still a lot of miles in these tires and I've come to realize that the better care I take of myself, the better care I take of my children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job babe! Keep up the hard work and IT WILL PAY OFF!