Tuesday, January 15, 2008

2 weeks

2 weeks from today I take up residence in WV. I will leave behind my home and attempt to create a new one in the mountains of WV. In 2 weeks I leave knowing that I won't be coming back...that NC will no longer be home.



I once mentioned moving to WV in one of my posts. I was in a sense asking for help. I was hoping that husband would offer to give me a break once in a while so that I could get out of the house and regain a small social life. I was hoping the thought of WV would awake husband to the fact that while I don't bring in a paycheck I still work all the time.



I wasn't wanting to move back. I'm not sure I want to move back. However, I'm moving back. I'm leaving the ocean I love and a church that I have come to love. I am leaving some really good friends...I'm leaving a world in which I could be myself without there being a expectation placed upon my head. I'm leaving a world in which was my own and entering one in which the very essence of how I live my life must change.



I am entering a world in which family is all around, a world in which the past is all around.



There is something to the old adage that you can't go home again...at least in my eyes.



I'm returning to a place that is not my home. I'm returning to a place in which I ran from, never wanting to return. I'm returning to a place in which stress and heartache are well known and I'm scared to death.



I can only hope the positives of this move overshadow any negatives that may exist because right now all I seem to know if fear. And fear my friends...is a lonely companion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, try not to worry to much. When you are ready I will come visit you in your new home. love, cameron